Disposition type refers to the way the deceased's remains will be handled, primarily through burial or cremation.
For the purposes of our cost estimates we list eight funeral disposition types, which are further discussed below:
Types of Burial Funerals
- Direct Burial - A burial with no funeral service or viewing.
- Burial with viewing and service - A funeral where the deceased has a viewing at the funeral home and a separate service when they are buried.
- Burial with viewing - A funeral with a viewing at the funeral home, but no service/ceremony at the place of burial.
- Burial with service - A funeral where the only ceremony/service occurs at the place of the burial.
Types of Cremation Funerals
- Direct Cremation - The body of the deceased is cremated without a ceremony or viewing.
- Cremation with viewing and service - There is both a funeral service and viewing of the body before cremation takes place.
- Cremation with viewing - A cremation with a viewing of the body before.
- Cremation with service - A funeral service takes place, with no viewing of the body, before or after the cremation has taken place.